Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lets Go 2011!

Do you ever feel completely consumed by the technology the world has offered us? Lately it feels as though everything I do requires batteries or an electrical cord to make it of any use to me. I am never without my phone, and usually I am involved in several conversations via texting; I don't go a day without my ipod being used (If not for music than for the many apps apple has provided me with); I check facebook, twitter, and formspring at least 3 times a day (if not more); and I watch one to two movies every night. Needless to say, the majority of my life is spent looking at a screen of some form or another. I know I am not the only one. It is just how our generation is (I know I know...worst excuse ever) but really we are so focused on constant communication with each other that sometimes I think we forget whose attention and words and love we should be desiring. If I spent half the amount of time I do texting, facebooking, watching movies, etc, with God I would double the amount I spend with Him currently. So that my friends is my New Years Resolution. I am going to set aside 20 minutes (not even half of my technology time) out of my day and dedicate them to my savior; because building a relationship with Him is what is going to keep me strong, what is going to give me lasting joy, what is going to benefit me most in the end. Sure I might fail here and again but at least I am making the effort. This time next year my growth in the Lord will be outwardly obvious and inwardly abundant. Lets Go 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment