Thursday, January 20, 2011

Finding Sunshine in a Rain Storm.





Today has not been the best day.

I mean, I guess it wasn't terrible, but still..

It started as any other snow day starts. I woke up late. Chilled in bed awhile, checked facebook, went downstairs and got food. Normal, right? After that, My mom calls me and tells me she has signed me up to take the ACT in February. So, I spent some time stressing over that. Then I decided, it was time for Bella (my dog), to go out. Usually we can just take her out, she will go do her business and come right back in. We don't have a fence, but this hadn't been an issue. Well today, She takes off running. I, being stupid, took off after her. Not thinking about the fact that I was in sandals, I didn't have a jacket, and my garage door was wide open. I chased her for a good thirty minutes. Several good samaritans stopped to help me for awhile. My dog is too smart though and she knew they were on my side. No matter what, we couldn't get her to come to any of us. Finally, I got her cornered. By this point, my toes were purple and my arms were bright red from the cold. I walked back home, which took another good fifteen minutes. (It's hard to walk when you can't feel your toes) Now I am home, Changed into drive pants, socks and a long sleeve shirt. My dog is sitting in my room, not allowed out of my sight or near any of the doors. And that is that.




I can think of only one thing good through this experience. I really felt the, love, my neighbors showed me today. I have never met a lot of these people. They don't know me. And still, they tried to help me. It was weird. Because I didn't start getting that support from them until I prayed. I was running, and I knew there was no way I was ever going to catch this dog. I didn't know what to do. So I stopped and said a two second prayer. Asking God for help. I knew I couldn't do it without him. And at that moment, People were just, there to help. So thank you God, for using them to help me. And thank you kind strangers, for showing me the love of God today. :)


P.S.
Defrosting your toes, hurts.






No comments:

Post a Comment